Session 6: Rules of Cricket by Michael Hall
Date: Sunday 17. January 2021
Zoom details: Email Jason Walden if you would like to join the live Zoom session (Swiss Junior players, parents and coaches).
The session will also be streamed live on the Dragons Facebook page, and be available afterwards for viewing.
Topics for the following sessions:
- Session 1: Tips for cricket training at home – exploring various cricket drills that can practised at home
- Session 2: The Cricket Field – Orientation of the field (offside/leg-side, fielding positions etc…)
- Session 3: Batting – Basel Dragon’s U13 coach Nitin concentrates on batting skills.
- Session 4: Live with Scott Newman – Scott talks about his professional playing & coaching career and takes questions from the players
- Session 5: Art of Captaincy with coach Jonty Acton
- Session 6: Rules of Cricket by Michael Hall – including umpire signals etc.
- Session 7: Bowling by Ramesh – An outline of the types of bowling, explanation of over and around the wicket etc.
- Session 8: History of Cricket by Ed – Ed provides some context for the players on this great game we love
- Session 9: Cricket by Numbers by Jason
- ….. If anyone has ideas for future sessions or content, please get in touch!
These follow up sessions will likely be during the week in the evening; date and schedule will be announced soon.
About the Dragons Online Cricket Academy
On Sunday 22nd November 2020 Basel Dragons Junior Cricket Club launched of the Dragons Online Cricket Academy.
The academy is open to all the clubs in Switzerland with the intention of contributing to the upskilling of all our Swiss junior players .
The Online Cricket Academy will supplement on-the-ground coaching with various other aspects of cricket to help the comprehensive development of the players.
The idea is to provide the players with:
• Motivation during these times of less matches and practices
• Increased knowledge of cricket beyond the technical aspects of the game
• Provide an additional cricketing touchpoint during the week
It is planned to run this as a regular, ongoing series. Watch out for session details!